Tuesday, April 14, 2009




This is me and the other lady I work with the past two days. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I work at an insurance agency and some days you just want to throw up your hands in frustration, lock the doors, and go home. Nothing you do is right, nothing corporate does is right, and even the boss man can't help you. From the moment we walked in the door the phone has rang, the e-mails, have rolled in, and we finally got to catch our breath at about 11:00 a.m.

Yesterday was just as bad if not worse.

Thank goodness I only have to work 4 days this week.

I'm slowly but steadily getting things ready for my booth Saturday, but I'm a little worried. It is supposed to rain and storm this weekend, but the weather forecast changes every day so I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope it holds off until the afternoon to rain. That's why I'm off Friday, I'll be gathering up the last of everything, packing, getting change, and all the other things that I haven't thought of yet.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter full of lots of chocolate and family togetherness. :) My baptism went well even though fate conspired against it. There had been work done on the church this winter and unknown to anyone they had broken the waterline for the baptismal. The preacher called me all in a panic and frustrated and asked what did I want to do. We had already talked to my husband's uncle and he said they had ran water hoses in the back door and into the baptismal in the past that. There is a heater for the water so the water would be warm if we could just get it in there. I did not want to postpone it because if I did it would just get put off and put off and I would procrastinate and it wouldn't get done until next Easter so I said let's go ahead. The preacher along with a few other men at the church ran waster hoses in the back door at 11:00 p.m. Saturday night and filled up the baptismal. So, we had warm water, I got dunked, and I am now a certificate holding, fully immersed baptized Baptist and remember of the church. Of course I had brought extra clothes but was sitting in Sunday school and realized that I didn't have any extra underwear. I got my bra and underwear squeezed out as best I could afterwards with a towel but I still high tailed it out of there as quickly as I could so as not to embarrass myself. I know people wanted to congratulate me but I was more worried about my damp underwear showing through my clothes along with my rapidly drying hair that was taking on the appearance of a two day old dead cat.

All in all it wasn't that bad and the preacher was very kind and explained to the congregation that I was saved and had been for a very long time along with having already been baptized by sprinkling in the Presbyterian church and that I was doing this out of respect for the church and that he appreciated my willingness to do so. (Man that was a long grammatically incorrect sentence.) He also Baptized me by my full name (first, maiden, married) which meant a lot to me. Every once in a while it's nice to be acknowledged for yourself and not just as somebody's wife, in the South though that's a loosing battle sometimes.

All in all it was a pretty good weekend and I hope yours was just as good.

Have a wonderful day my lovelies!

No comments: