Friday, April 10, 2009

Thank goodness it's Friday!



Hello all! I hope your week was wonderful and your weekend full of fun Easter activities. Me, I'm finally joining the church we have been going to. It's the church my husband grew up in, we got married in, and well it's just time. I've already went before the congregation and formally asked to join, but since I grew up in the Presbyterian church I never went through immersion baptism and so I have to be "dunked" to complete my conversion to the Baptist church. This is something that I've given a lot of thought to and have wrestled with for a while. I really wanted to take the time to get to know the church and the people and make sure that we were going to stay in the area. I also have never belonged but to one church for so me to change not only churches but denominations was a very big deal, I think that I am making the right choice so on Easter Sunday in front of all my new friends, family, and neighbors I will be baptized again. Maybe a double dosing will do me good. :)

I'm definitely not happy about having to get wet all over in front of a lot of people but oh well. I guess I shouldn't complain, I could be converting to Catholicism. That's a whole lot more intensive than becoming Baptist.

Have a wonderful weekend my lovelies and we'll see you next week!

P.S. The picture for today has nothing to do with this post at all, just a random pretty that I like.

No comments: