Thursday, April 16, 2009

Last day of work for the week!



Today is my last day of work for the week! WOOT! I'm taking off tomorrow as planned to work on last minute things for my booth. I will be a matt cutting fool as of this time tomorrow. I hope I can sneak in a little riding and enjoy the beautiful weather we are having. They are still calling for rain Saturday but I'm hoping that it will clear off and we can continue having beautiful sunshine like we have had the past two days or as least it will hold off until after 3:00 p.m.

The image above is one of the ones that I will have for sale Saturday. I'm trying some different things with textures in Photoshop and still don't know exactly how I feel about it. That was one thing about art school, you had a critique every week and you always knew for the good or the bad what people thought of your work. I haven't had that in, good gosh, four years! It seems almost a lifetime ago. About this time in 2005 I was recovering from the hell that preparing for senior thesis was and contemplating running away to Oklahoma and going to work for a horse trainer I knew out there. :) My entire senior year of art school was hellish and I was just glad it was over.

But anyway, back to the artwork. Please come by my booth Saturday if you're in Starkville and you want some free, fun entertainment. You don't even have to buy anything! Just stop by say hello and help me celebrate my first public display of art in four years. It's been way too long and I'm ready I think to get back in the exhibition scene. I even have a couple of shows I'm planning on entering. Have a wonderful day my darlings and if I don't post anymore until Monday have a wonderful weekend as well!

No comments: