Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What a way to make a living...

After a somewhat lackluster day of work yesterday I came home to find the good Lord's answer to my woes on Fox Movie Channel. 9 to 5 starring Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dabney Coleman. Our three girls are the typical 80's gals who have thrown off the apron strings and have gone into the workplace to make a dollar and find equality. What they find is a, "sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot" in their boss played by Dabney Coleman. Most of us of a certain age have seen it and no matter how many times I see it I always hoot with laughter and vow to be more like Dolly Parton. Jane Fonda really doesn't do it for me in this movie, but Dolly and Lily more than make up for it. The dialogue is funny, sharp, and Dolly's outrage when she finds out the boss has been saying she is having an affair with him is priceless.

"I'll turn you from a rooster to a hen with one shot and don't think I won't do it!!!"

If you haven't seen this movie, what are you waiting for? It's funny, uplifting, and the pure genius of stringing up your boss from an automatic garage door opener is worth watching alone.

Hope you are all having a great week and I'll see you down at Charlie's at 5:00 p.m.

(If you don't know what Charlie's is, well you'll just have to watch the movie or google it. ;)



No comments: